CILEX Certificates in Legal Practice
CILEX Certificates in Legal PracticeOverview
The CILEX Certificate in Legal Practice is an introductory legal qualification which aims to:
1. Create a route into studying law if you are either
- Not in legal work but wishing to explore that option, or
- In a junior role (e.g., legal assistant) wanting to increase your legal knowledge to perform your current role better or in preparation for developing into a full paralegal role in the future.
2. Support paralegal apprentices and give you the opportunity to achieve a qualification alongside your apprenticeship.We currently offer the following Certificates:
- CILEX Certificate in Conveyancing Practice
- CILEX Certificate in Civil Litigation Practice
- CILEX Certificate in Criminal Law Practice
So, if you are thinking about getting into law, are working in law and wanting to progress your legal expertise or are currently doing a paralegal apprenticeship and wanting to get a qualification as well, then this is the route for you. And if you are an employer wanting to upskill cohorts of your workforce, then this could be a good option for you too.
The CILEX Certificate in Legal Practice introductory paralegal qualification will consist of:
Pricing and how to purchase
Students intending to study for a CILEX Certificate in Legal Practice will first need to become a CILEX member (if you aren’t already). Then you can register with CILEX for an initial fee of £450. This will give you access to a full set of online learning materials as well as the ability to book onto your exams.
You will then need to find and register with a training provider to receive relevant instruction.
Indicative costs to qualify are shown in the table below:
Progression to CILEX Professional Qualification (CPQ)
On completion of a CILEX Certificate in Legal Practice, you will be able to progress onto CPQ Foundation stage via a transition product. Your CILEX Certificate will entitle you to exemptions from two or more CPQ Foundation stage module exams, allowing you to embed your expertise and attain CILEX Paralegal status
Students will be able to study from November 2022, with the first exams taken in January 2023.