Indemnity Insurance?

Will I need to take out Indemnity Insurance?

If you run a CILEx Authorised Entity, you are required to have indemnity insurance in place. You can find details of the requirements here. The firm will also make contributions to the Compensation Arrangements.

If a Chartered Legal Executives or other CILEx member is working in a firm regulated by another approved regulator, you should make sure that the work you carry out is covered by the firm’s insurance.

If you are working in an unregulated firm providing legal services, you should consider having indemnity insurance to protect your clients. You can obtain this from an insurance broker, and it will not be arranged under the same arrangements as that for CILEx Authorised Entities. 
(See our indemnity insurance section).

If your question is not answered, contact us via our dedicated customer service enquiry form.