members not authorised

What reserved legal activities am I not authorised to carry on as a member?

If you are not a Fellow, you may not administer oaths.

If you are not employed by an authorised person, or have not got additional practice rights for reserved or regulated activities, you must not:

  • conduct litigation;
  • exercise a right of audience;
  • carry out conveyancing;
  • carry out probate activities (confined to preparing the probate application and applying for the grant or letters of administration); or
  • carry out notarial activities.

It is important to recognise that if you are employed by an authorised person other than a solicitor, you must only carry out the activities which that authorised person is entitled to carry out.

If your question is not answered, contact us via our dedicated customer service enquiry form.