ILEX Member sign LA forms?

As a member of CILEx, can I sign Legal Aid forms?

Members should contact the Legal Aid Agency (“LAA”) for guidance on its forms and procedures. LAA forms generally make it clear if they can be signed by the legal representative (which includes a member at any grade) or if they should be signed by a Chartered Legal Executive/Fellow or a solicitor.

Fellows need to ensure they register their Fellowship number and their firm’s roll number at the LAA to enable them to sign those forms that can be signed by a Chartered Legal Executive.

More information can be found on the Legal Aid Agency part of the website.

If your question is not answered, contact us via our dedicated customer service enquiry form.