About the Awards
The CILEx National Awards were launched in 2018, to celebrate the exceptional talent, innovation and achievement of CILEx members, supporters and stakeholders.
CILEx National Awards Ceremony 2019, will be held at the award winning
Madame Tussauds, London on Thursday 5 September 2019.
We are delighted to announce that this year’s host will be Claudia Winkleman, one of the best-known broadcasters in the UK who regularly fronts the live television shows for both Red Nose Day and Sport Relief as well as her regular hosting of Strictly Come Dancing.
Photo by David Oldham
Celebrating exceptional talent, innovation & achievement
The CILEx National Awards showcase and celebrate the excellent work, and achievements, of CILEx members, supporters and stakeholder partners.
These exclusive awards recognise individuals, organisations and teams that are providing exemplary service, advice and support to those seeking access to justice. Celebrating the innovative recruitment and professional development practices that are widening access to a career in the legal profession to a more diverse audience.
CILEx has been celebrating the achievements of its members, their employers and partners for many years. We are proud to formally celebrate what we have always known, that we support and represent a wealth of talented people and organisations. We will be acknowledging those who are leading the way in an ever changing, forward thinking, professional legal services sector and whose work closely aligns to our mission, our vision and our values.
What’s in it for you?
We encourage CILEx members, supporters and stakeholders to nominate yourselves, your colleagues or employers and help us to recognise and celebrate yoursuccess and the contribution you make to promoting the profession . . .
- Be recognised for your exceptional specialist technical knowledge and experience.
- Receive formal recognition for the excellent work that you do from CILEx, your peers, employers and legal sector representatives.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the professional development opportunities made available to you, and your colleagues, by your employer.
- Stand out from peers & competitors and raise your professional profile.
- Recognise and reward the hard work of colleagues, employers and peers who deliver excellent results for your clients, business and the public.
- Raise awareness of your status as an exemplary employer, showcase how you have set benchmarks for others to aspire to.
- Celebrate your contribution to widening access to justice, and to the legal profession.
… celebrate your achievements with CILEx
CILEx Apprentice of the Year
CILEx Learner of the Year
Joyce Arram Memorial Award for Advancing the Legal Profession
CILEx Legal Expert Award
CILEx Legal Expert Award - Property
CILEx Legal Expert Award – Private Client
CILEx Supporting Lifelong Learning Award
CILEx Visionary Leadership Award
CILEx Law Firm of the Year Award (Micro/Small/Medium/Large)
CILEx Promoting Access to the Profession Award
CILEx Diversity & Inclusion Award
CILEx Innovation & People Development Award
CILEx Mental Health and Wellbeing Initiative Award
Awarded by CILEx:
CILEx Employee of the Year
CILEx Regional Branch of the Year Award
CILEx Lifetime Achievement Award
Nominations are now closed.
If you any enquiries regarding a nomination you have made, please contact email@example.com or call +44 (0)1234 845777
Entries should provide up to 150 words against each criterion explaining the reasons, and providing examples of why or how, the nominee is considered to have met that criteria.
Entries will be given a mark out of 10 against each criterion.
A panel of legal specialists will review all shortlisted nominations and judges will assess and mark the evidence provided against each award criterion.
For each category judges will choose two finalists. The Award Winner and Highly Commended awards will be announced at the Ceremony.
Finalists will be invited to participate in the recording of a short video biography prior to the CILEx National Awards Ceremony which will be used build up prior, and publicity for, the CILEx National Awards Ceremony.
Award winners will be presented with an exclusive CILEx National Awards trophy and all finalists will receive a certificate and customised Award logo for use in future promotion.
Award finalists will receive one complementary ticket to the CILEx National Awards Ceremony per award.
Rules & Additional Guidance
- All entries will be treated as confidential with all judges obliged to sign non-disclosure agreements prior to the event.
- The deadline for receipt of nominations for the CILEx National Awards is midnight Friday 5th April 2019.
- Entries must be submitted online using the designated link, prior to the closing date.
- Late entries cannot be accepted.
- Entries should not exceed the stated word limit, where entries exceed the word limit, additional content will not be taken into consideration.
- Employees of The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives’ (CILEx) group of companies, or members of their respective Boards, are not eligible to be nominated for any award (except for those designated in the category list as ‘Awarded by CILEx’).
- Members are eligible to nominate themselves for an individual award. However, the name and address of an independent reference may be requested.
- Any person nominated for a designated CILEx Member award must be registered as a current CILEx member, be in the appropriate CILEx member grade, and have an active membership for the current membership subscription year.
- The CILEx Apprentice of the Year category is open to current CILEx Members who have been registered on a CILEx apprenticeship programme within the 12 months prior to the Awards nomination closing date; or, an individual who has been formally registered with CILEx (in its capacity as the apprenticeship End-Point Assessment Organisation) as being on either the Level 3 Paralegal Apprenticeship or, the Level 6 Chartered Legal Executive Apprenticeship programme.
- CILEx reserves the right to conduct appropriate due diligence and prior conduct checks in relation to all nominees. Where such checks identify issues, which are in conflict with CILEx values, professional standards or Code of Conduct, CILEx reserves the right to withdraw, at any time, any entry submitted in relation to, or by, that organisation or nominee.
- If it is found that any entrant has knowingly provided false information on their application for entry, CILEx reserves the right to withdraw, at any time, any entry submitted by that organisation or individual.
- Negative publicity does not necessarily mean a nomination will be rejected. However, CILEx must be informed of any negative media - relating to the nominated individual, team or organisation – that has appeared in the 12 months preceding the nomination deadline.
- Awards are made at the judges’ discretion and the judges' decisions are binding and final.
- CILEx reserves the right to withdraw an Award category at any time.
- Finalists will be given notification of the judges’ decision prior to the information being made public.
- Award finalists will receive one complementary ticket (per award) to the CILEx National Awards Ceremony.
- All awards will be announced live at the CILEx National Awards Ceremony, with no publicity beforehand.
- Results will be published in The CILEx Journal, CILEx website, and across social media.
- Press releases and photographs will be issued to the media about the finalists & winners.
- Submission of an entry will be considered acceptance of the rules as set out here.
Tickets to this prestigious event, that provides an excellent opportunity to celebrate the exceptional talent, innovation and achievement of CILEx members, supporters and stakeholders are now on sale.
Held at Madame Tussauds and hosted by Claudia Winkleman, this is set to be a night to remember - early booking is advisable!
The evening commences at 7pm with a drinks reception and the opportunity to experience the Spirit of London ride, which provides an exciting journey through the capital’s history. Dinner will be called at 8pm, with speeches, the awards and entertainment to follow. The evening will draw to a close at Midnight.
All inclusive tickets* are available at the cost of:
- Individual tickets - £175 plus VAT**
- Table of 10 - £1500 plus VAT
To secure your tickets today please click on the button below.
If you experience any issues with the booking process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1234 854777.
Ticket/Table cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com.
- If you cancel on or before Friday 25th July 2019 CILEx will refund your booking fee less an administrative charge of 25%. If you cancel after 25th July 2019 no refund will be given.
- It is permitted to transfer your place(s) to another without charge.
- Non-payment does not constitute cancellation.
It may be necessary, for reasons beyond our control, to alter the venue or the date of the CILEx National Awards. In such circumstance CILEx will give you as much notice as possible and your booking will be transferred to the new venue and/or date.
In the event that CILEx cancels the event, we will refund all booking fees paid. We do not, however, accept liability for travelling, accommodation or any other expenses incurred as a result of any cancellation or postponement of the event.
These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.
Please be advised that photography & filming will be taking place at this event. If you do not wish to appear in any images captured, please advise CILEx in advance so that we can take appropriate steps to ensure you are not included.
The photographs will be used by “The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives” for a record of the event. Selected images may also be used to form part of their press release, on their social media platforms and on their website. Some of the images that are used may have the names of the people photographed underneath them or mentioned in a post.
*all-inclusive ticket price includes: attendance at the CILEx National Awards, Spirit of London ride, three course meal, wine, beer and soft drinks.
**If you are a CILEx member and find the ticket fees a barrier to attending the CILEx National Awards Ceremony, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as concessionary rates may be made available in certain circumstances. Please be advised that such concessions typically apply to members who are not supported by, or part of an organisation, full-time students, members between jobs or who are fully retired with no paid work, and representatives of small charities. Concessions are not available to businesses, individuals funded by an organisation, or larger charities/not-for-profit companies. Concession decisions will be made on a case by case basis and at the full discretion of CILEx. Any decisions made in regard to concession applications are final.
CILEx National Awards sponsors
CILEx is pleased to be working with many partners, full details of all our sponsors can be found here.
Details of sponsorship opportunities can be found here.
CILEx National Awards launch & nominations open: Monday 4 February 2019
All inclusive guest tickets will go on sale on Friday 1 March 2019. These will be priced at:
- Individual all-inclusive ticket: £175.00 plus VAT
- Table of 10: £1,500 plus VAT
To register your interest in tickets please email email@example.com
Nomination closing Date: midnight Friday 5 April 2019
Shortlisting: Mid/late April 2019
Judging: Mid/late May 2019
Finalists contacted: June 2019
Finalists announced: June 2019
Ceremony: Thursday 5 September 2019
For full details on the sponsorship opportunities available please click here.
In the meantime, please view our video below taken at the 2018 CILEx National Awards.