About CILEx membership
CILEx membership is a mark of credibility and accountability. It
demonstrates to clients and employers your commitment to
excellence, with the reassurance that all members are regulated
independently, which means that you will stand apart from other
non-regulated paralegals and be expected to uphold the CILEx Code
CILEx members receive the award-winning, monthly CILEx Journal magazine, which includes up-to-date information on events,
legal news, a digest of recent court decisions, legal vacancies and
much more. Members also have access to a broad range of discounted
Reasons to join
In an ever changing legal sector, it is more important than ever
for you to stay connected. Join our membership to maintain access
to up to date practice support, a wide portfolio of tailored law
and legal practice qualifications, professional and career
development guidance and access to CPD resources.
- Our membership services aim to provide all of our members with
the support they need to have a successful career in law
- Raise your professional profile (with colleagues, peers
- Recognition via CILEx Annual Awards for yourself and your
- Receive relevant sector updates from our weekly CILEx
- Broaden your professional network by joining your regional CILEx branch.
- Receive quality assured training and assessment
- Access to bespoke career development guidance and professional development opportunities with exclusive member access to myCareer, providing you with professional development resources and tools like CV and cover letter builders, interview simulators, and access to 150 employability skills courses and a job search engine to help you secure qualifying employment in the legal sector. To access myCareer please login to myCILEx.
- As a CILEx member you can save 20% on all Oxford University Press books at www.oup.com/uk click here for promotion code to receive your discount
- Access to the CILEx
Benevolent Fund a registered charity since 1960, can be
applied for by any CILEx member facing difficult financial
- Online register of legal vacancies
- Access to LawCare, a
free and confidential health advisory service
- Access to new member benefits being introduced in
- Access to CPD, professional networking and career development
- Invitation to attend annual graduation ceremony, upon
achievement of the necessary membership grade
- Entitled to use the designatory letters (FCILEx – Fellows,
GCILEx – Graduate members, ACILEx – Associate members)
- As a practising Fellow of The Chartered Institute you will
feature on our Practitioners
Directory. A free promotional tool which could bring
new business your way.
Exclusive products and services
CILEx members have exclusive access to myCareer a member benefit that will provide you with professional development resources and tools like CV and cover letter builders, interview simulators, and access to 150 employability skills courses and a job search engine to help you secure qualifying employment in the legal sector. These tools can also be a great way to help you update an old CV if you are thinking of changing jobs or moving to a different area of specialism.
To explore how myCareer can help you to develop your CILEx career please log into your myCILEx account.
All CILEx members have access to discounted products and services
wider wallet on the CILEx Wider Wallet website. Wider Wallet brings
together a wide range of national and local offers. So whether
you'd like to save money at high-street stores, enjoy discounts on
your supermarket shopping or splash out on a treat, there's
something for everyone.
Visit the CILEx Wider Wallet
website and register using the access code
WW5768E. If you don’t have access to a computer
you can still sign up by contacting the Wider Wallet team on 0800
612 7220 between 8am and 6pm weekdays.
Sign up free today and enjoy the benefits of a wider wallet!
NUS Extra Discount Card
All CILEx members can now apply for the
NUS Extra discount card, buy now!
Not currently a member? Join us now
For further information about CILEx membership call 01234 845777
or email email@example.com