Institutional Exemption Process
1) The Institution checks that their qualification meets the institutional exemption criteria.
2) If the qualification meets the criteria, the institution contacts CILEX for initial discussion regarding the proposed exemption. CILEX should be able to confirm at this stage if it is worth pursuing the formal exemption process.
3) The Institution carries out a mapping exercise using the relevant CILEX unit mapping template. Up to date Unit Specifications can be found on the CILEX website here.
4) The Institution sends:
- Completed application form.
- Course and assessment materials relating to their
qualification. Where possible, these should include:
- programme specification/handbook,
- detailed module/unit specifications,
- relevant course materials,
- relevant assessment materials.
- Completed mapping sheet(s) to CILEX.
5) CILEX will carry out a review of the materials and confirm the result within 20 working days of receiving the documents above.