Institutional Exemption Process
1. The Institution checks that
their qualification meets the institutional exemption criteria.
2. If the qualification meets the
criteria the institution contacts CILEx for initial discussion
regarding the proposed exemption. CILEx should be able to confirm
at this stage if it is worth pursuing the formal exemption
3. The Institution carries out a
mapping exercise using the relevant CILEx unit mapping template
(see sample mapping sheet ). Up to date Unit Specifications
can be found on the CILEx website: http://www.cilex.org.uk/study/information_for_students/syllabus.aspx
4.The Institution sends:
- Completed application form
- Course and assessment materials relating to their
qualification. Where possible, these should include:
- programme specification/ handbook
- detailed module/ unit specifications
relevant course materials
relevant assessment materials.
- Completed mapping sheet(s) to CILEx.
5.CILEx will carry out a review of the
materials and confirm the result within 20 working days of
receiving the documents above.