EPA Sample Assessments
CILEX Level 3 Paralegal Apprenticeship End-Point Assessment – Sample Assessment Materials (SAMs)
The following sample assessment materials (SAMs) have been produced to support you in the preparation of your end point assessment for the timed assessments.
Unfortunately we do not have SAMs for every pathway, but do look at the ones that are available as they will give you an insight into the type of information provided in the advance materials and the style of the tasks that you may come across in the live assessments.
- Contract Law and Civil Litigation
- Land Law and Conveyancing Practice
- Tort Law and Civil Litigation
- Wills and Probate Practice
Within each pathway, there will be a timed assessment 1 (TA1) and timed assessment 2 (TA2) test which you can use as many times as you like.
Please note that when you finish the test, you will either see:
– A screen that is called ‘End of the Timed Assessment’. The information in here is what you will see at the end of your live assessment. They do not apply to the SAMs.
– A screen with an error message – this message may come up as the test is a sample test and your response will not be saved. Please close the browser to close the test.
A copy of the Advance Materials which will also be attached to the TA1 and TA2 sample tests. We encourage you to carry out the relevant research before trying the TA1 and TA2 sample tests.
Also available are sample model responses. These have been produced to support you with preparing for your timed assessments. The responses provided are a suggestion and other acceptable valid responses will be accepted. To get the most out of these samples model responses, we recommend that you sit the timed assessments first.
Contract Law and Civil Litigation
Land Law and Conveyancing Practice
Land Law and Conveyancing – SAMs sample model responses (PDF, 302 KB)
Tort Law and Civil Litigation
Wills and Probate Practice
Pre-reading – Wills and Probate Advance Materials (PDF, 242 KB)
Wills and Probate Practice – SAMs sample model responses (PDF, 211 KB)