08 May 2019
CILEx launches new specialist reference groups for members
Members with an interest in the fast-changing world of legal technology have a new specialist reference group to join; one of several being launched by CILEx today.
Specialist reference groups (SRGs) are virtual networks for members with particular interests or attributes. CILEx engages with them on policy and professional matters and represents their views to decision makers and the wider legal community.
The groups being launched today include;
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) for members who identify as Black, Asian, or other minority ethnic backgrounds, or are interested in BAME related issues and the promotion of equality.
- Local Authority for members specialising in Local Authority work.
- Practice Management & Compliance for members who are partners, managers, or otherwise interested in legal services regulation and business operations.
- Tech & Digital for members interested in legal technologies, digital services, and artificial intelligence.
- Women for members who identify as women, or are interested in women’s issues and the promotion of equality.
CILEx President, Phil Sherwood FCILEx, said: “More than a thousand members have already joined a CILEx specialist reference group. As a professional institute if our members don’t tell us what they think then we can’t pass on those views to big decision makers, and SRGs help us engage directly with members like you with particular interests or attributes. Sign up, and we will be contacting you directly for your views on some of the most important policy and professional matters CILEx engages with on your behalf. So please email to register, and help us spread the CILEx message.”
Already active SRGs include;