CILEX Wills and Probate CPD Packages
Welcome to our exciting new Wills and Probate CPD development packages.
What is the CILEX Wills and Probate CPD Package?
This package consists of eight “So you think you know about…” (SYTYKA) CPD modules, which will bring you up to date with developing areas of private client practice as well as reminding you of the key areas of law. Using case studies we bring the topic to life, demonstrating the link between theory and practice.
Our “hot topic” module shares a key piece of new legislation for those working with charities and our update will bring together key cases and legal developments in the past year.
Additionally, you will gain access to our content library of interactive and accessible e-books, developed to support the CILEX Professional Qualification (CPQ) covering the following topics:
- Legal Systems
- Contract Law
- The Law of Tort
- Property and Conveyancing
- Wills, Probate and Private Client
- Family Law
- Dispute Resolution and Litigation
- Criminal Law and Litigation
- Business and Employment Law
This development package can also be purchased with our Professionalism CPD package (see purchase options below), which consists of the following professionalism CPD modules.
We’ve partnered with the ILFM to bring you learning modules focused on dealing with financial considerations within the law firm.
- Technology in Legal Finance
- Financial Compliance in Law Firms
- Residual Balances
- Billing in Legal Practice
And develop the critical skills employers look for with our leadership modules, developed from David Boddy’s ‘Management: Using Practice and Theory to Develop Skill’ published by Pearson.
- Leadership and Influencing
- Managing Change
Who is this for: All private client practitioners, whatever your level of experience, will find new material which will help you develop your practice and serve your clients.
So, you think you know about…
- Introduction to Contentious Probate
- Introduction to the Court of Protection
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Profitable probate practice
- Digital assets and intellectual property – what a probate lawyer needs to know
- Introduction to the administration of estates covering different jurisdictions
- Inheritance tax exemptions and relief
- State benefits for working-age people and pensioners
- Mental capacity
Each So You Think You Know About… CPD module takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
‘Hot topic’ CPD modules:
- Charities Act 2022
The hot topic CPD takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
General update CPD modules:
- Wills and Probate
The practice area update CPD takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
There are 2 separate packages for this area, each with member and non-member pricing. To see the specific combinations of modules and prices, follow the links below to view the purchase pages on MyCILEX: