CILEX Family Law CPD Development Package
Welcome to our exciting new Family Law CPD development package.
What is the CILEX Family Law CPD Package?
This package consists of eight “So you think you know about…” (SYTYKA) CPD modules, which will bring you up to date with developing areas of family practice as well as reminding you of the key areas of law. Using case studies we bring the topic to life, demonstrating the link between theory and practice.
Our “hot topic” module shares the latest developments in relation to the Family Procedure Rules and our general update will bring together key cases and other legal developments in the past year.
Additionally, you will gain access to our content library of interactive and accessible e-books, developed to support the CILEX Professional Qualification (CPQ) covering the following topics:
- Legal Systems
- Contract Law
- The Law of Tort
- Property and Conveyancing
- Wills, Probate and Private Client
- Family Law
- Dispute Resolution and Litigation
- Criminal Law and Litigation
- Business and Employment Law
This development package can also be purchased with our Professionalism CPD package (see purchase options below), which consists of the following professionalism CPD modules.
We have partnered with the ILFM to bring you five learning modules focused on dealing with financial considerations within the law firm, and covering the following topics:
- Financial Compliance in Law Firms – Part 1: An overview of CILEX Regulation and SRA regulations and codes of conduct, before taking a deeper dive into accounts rules
- Financial Compliance in Law Firms – Part 2: Looking at key challenges and how to keep client money safe
- Residual Balances
- Billing in Law Firms
- Technology in Legal Finance
You will also get access to a further five learning modules covering some of the key aspects of leadership within an organisation:
- Managing Change
Who is this for: All family lawyers, whatever your level of experience, will find new material which will help you develop your practice and serve your clients.
So, you think you know about…
- Forced marriage
- Family mediation
- Cohabitation agreements
- Representing victims of domestic abuse
- Child abduction cases
- Public law children proceedings
- State benefits for working-age people and pensioners
- Advising family clients with emotional intelligence and empathy
Each So You Think You Know About… CPD module takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
All modules will be uploaded by the end of August 2023, bring you the most up-to-date and current resources available.
‘Hot topic’ CPD modules:
- Amendments to the Family Procedure Rules
The hot topic CPD takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
General update CPD modules:
- Family law and practice
The practice area update CPD takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
There are 2 separate packages for this area, each with member and non-member pricing. To see the specific combinations of modules and prices, follow the links below to view the purchase pages on MyCILEX: