Law Society Excellence Awards
28 July 2011
Are you an excellent Legal Executive?
Legal Executives from across England and Wales are being encouraged to enter this year’s Law Society Excellence Awards.
The awards, in their 5th year, are firmly established as the leading awards for the profession in the legal calendar, rewarding and promoting excellence across the legal profession and celebrating outstanding achievement in areas that are central to the profession today.
The closing date for nominations is 19 August 2011, so don’t miss out on your chance to shine with the rest of the legal sector’s stars.
There are 17 categories in total including the following which Legal Executives, their firms and teams are eligible to enter:
- Legal Executive of the Year.
- Excellence in Community Investment – Open to all in the legal sector, this award will highlight best practice and innovation in community investment including fundraising and charitable giving, pro bono and non-legal volunteering.
- Legal Sector Alliance Award for Excellence in Environmental Responsibility – Open to all in the legal sector, best practice and innovation in proactive environmental strategy and performance is sought for this award.
- Excellence in Client Service – Open to all in the legal sector, this award will highlight excellence in client care and innovative approaches to maintaining and developing client focused services.
- Excellence in Marketing & Business Development – Open to all in the legal sector, this award will go to the most innovative, creative and inspiring business development campaign executed by a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Excellence in Innovation – Open to all in the legal sector, entries are sought from innovative teams across the legal services sector who can demonstrate cutting edge business practice and client service.
- Excellence in Learning & Development – Open to all in the legal sector, the judges will look for the very best examples of high quality and influential programmes of learning and development from across the legal sector.
- Excellence in Equality and Diversity – Open to all in the legal
sector, the most innovative and successful examples of best
practice in the promotion of equality and diversity are sought for
LMS (Law Management Section) Leader of the Year – this award is open to leaders of In-house legal teams and law firms. Membership of the Law Society LMS is not required for entry to this category.
- Lexcel Award for Excellence in Practice Management – Open to
Lexcel-accredited practices only, this will reward excellence in
practice management and service delivery from practices that have
successfully implemented the Lexcel standard.
The 2011 awards will also see the Law Society Gazette’s Legal Personality of the Year award feature for the second time. The Law Society Gazette’s editorial team will draw up a shortlist of people who have recently made an outstanding public contribution to the legal profession. This will be based on nominations from readers. The winner will be selected by a judging panel chaired by Editor-in-chief Paul Rogerson.
Entries can be submitted by post or can be completed via the online submission form. Nominations are open until Friday 19 August 2011. To enter online visit www.lawsociety.org.uk/excellenceawards
A full list of categories and judges can be viewed at: