Our commitment to meeting Customer Service Standards
CILEX aims to deliver high customer service standards at all times by providing quality products and services through its people, processes and technology. We have a robust set of policies and procedures in place to ensure that we maintain and communicate what is expected of us from a customer service and legal prospective. We are continually making improvements to processes based on customer feedback and the availability of technology to strike a balance between human interaction and efficient automated processes where appropriate.
Part of our commitment in delivering these Standards
means that we will:
Our advisors will:
- Acknowledge your enquiry and respond within seven working days for standard queries or as agreed with the advisor in relation to more complex issues
- Deal with your queries promptly and courteously
- Keep processes clear, straightforward and accessible
- Be accountable and honest
- Empower members to solve their own issues by providing self-service options via the MyCILEX portal
- Act on feedback to innovate and enhance the customer experience
- Work to anticipate the needs of our members by proactively working to meet their needs.
- Hold ourselves and each other accountable for our service commitment.
- Be comprehensively trained to provide advice on our services and membership levels
- Be polite, helpful and professional at all times
- Keep you updated and informed by providing accurate and timely information to help you make decisions
- Listen and effectively identify your needs
- Take initiative in providing solutions
- Arrange to return your call at an agreed time if required. Be available from 9.00am - 5pm (Mon, Tuesday and Thursday), 10.00am – 5pm (Wednesday) and 9am - 4pm (Fridays), excluding Bank Holidays and the period from Christmas Eve to New Year's day.
There are several ways in which you can help us to meet
Use the General Enquiries form on the MyCILEX portal where you can which will add your query to our systems to be allocated to the appropriate Team or member of staff. You will receive an auto response to confirm that your enquiry has been received and a unique reference number will be assigned at this stage.
When you call or email us, please have your membership number available so that we can clearly identify you.
Tell us when we are getting it right, so that we can do more of it.
Tell us when we are getting it wrong, so that we can resolve the issue, learn from our experience and improve the service for all our customers.
Talk to us rationally, calmly and respectfully, so that we can work together to resolve your enquiry as soon as possible.
We will continue to provide you with regular updates on our Customer Service Standards, via this web page.
As a guide we define a complaint as being an expression of dissatisfaction with the quality of service provided, usually falling under one of the following categories:
- We have failed to do something we should have;
- We have done something badly or in the wrong way;
- You feel that you have been treated unfairly or discourteously.
Where you have experienced any of the above, please send full details by logging onto the portal and completing a General Enquiries form selecting: ‘Feedback – Making a Complaint’, from the drop-down list. Please refer to our Complaints Policy
for more information on how to contact us.