Useful Contacts

Useful Contacts

If you require further information regarding State benefits or financial advice, please visit the following links. CILEX takes no responsibility for the contents of the linked websites and links should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. CILEX has no control over the availability of the linked pages.

General Help and Support


Funded by CILEX for its members, LawCare offers FREE health support and advice. LawCare is a confidential advisory service created to support members and their immediate family.

Access to the public services you use and the information you need. Some specific parts of this large website will be mentioned in other parts of this pack.

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice is a network of 316 independent charities throughout the United Kingdom that give free, confidential information and advice to assist people with money, legal, consumer and other problems.

State Benefits and Tax Credits

Government guides to tax credits

Find out what tax credits you are entitled to and how to apply for them.

State Benefit Budgeting Loans

Find out what Budgeting Loans are, and check if you're eligible and what you could get.


Browse Benefits that are available including Universal Credit, carers and disability benefits and heating and housing benefits.

State Pensions

Find out more about the State Pension, how much you could get and when, and how to claim your State Pension.

Benefits calculator

A list of independent benefits calculators which can help you find out what benefits you can get, how to claim them, and how your benefits will be affected if you start work.

Tax refunds

Find out if you are eligible for a tax refund (rebate) and how to claim a tax refund.

Redundancy Advice and Support

Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS)

Provide employees and employers free, impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practices. ACAS also offers training and help to resolve disputes.

Statutory Redundancy Pay Calculator

A calculator provided by the Government that allows you to calculate how much statutory redundancy you can get based on your age, weekly pay and number of years in the job.

Finding a New Job

JobCentre Plus

Provide help and advice on jobs and training for people who can work and financial help for those who cannot.

National Career Service

Provide information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work.

Budgeting Advice and Support


Offer advice on saving money and living for less.

The Money Advice Service

Provide free money guidance and debt advice online and by telephone.

Citizens Advice Budgeting

Budget advice and support from Citizens Advice including advice on working out your budget and getting help with your bills.

Debt Advice and Support

Step Change

Provide free advice and support to those with debt problems.


Provide free debt advice and debt management plans.

Housing Advice and Support


Provide help to those struggling with bad housing or homelessness through their advice, support and legal services.


Provide practical help to people struggling financially, including support with mortgage payments, council tax and rent payments.

Emergency Housing

Get help and advice from your local council if you're homeless or about to lose your home.

Family Advice and Support

Help with Childcare Costs

Government support available to those needing help paying for childcare.

The Trussell Trust

A nationwide network of food banks providing emergency food and support to people in poverty.

The Money Advice Service

Advice on the benefits available to those who are pregnant or have a baby.

Mental Health and Debt Advice and Support

Mental Health Foundation

Provide information on the links between debt and mental ill-health, and resources available to those needing help and support.


Practical tips on managing your money and improving your mental health.

Disability Advice and Support

Financial help if you're disabled

Government guide on the support available to those with a disability.

Disability Rights UK

Provide information on housing grants that are available to those with a disability.