Working for CILEx
We believe we have a great team here, committed to looking after
the interests of our members. We are continually looking to add to
that team - and who knows it could be you!
Bedford and the surrounding area is a great place to live and
work, a vibrant community with good shops,
restaurants, culture and theatre and much, much
It is one of the fastest growing areas in the
country, only 45 minutes from London, but on the doorstep of
some of the most beautiful countryside in England. If you are
looking for a worthwhile and interesting job in a great place
- why not start here?
The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) is the professional association for Chartered Legal Executive lawyers and other legal practitioners and paralegals. It regulates its members in the public interest. CILEx provides legal education, training and the development of skills for its members, and those who wish to become more proficient and knowledgeable in law.
Salary up to £58,000 plus benefits
Closing date Sunday, 5th April 2020 (midnight)
We’re going through an incredibly exciting period of change within CILEx and are recruiting for a Financial Controller to assist with leading our Finance Team. This is a newly created role and the successful candidate will have a real opportunity to help shape the direction of the Finance department, working closely with our Finance Director, to enact change. We are currently in the process of shaping our long-term strategy which will redefine our offer to the marketplace and the way we operate as a business. Leading the day to day financial and accounting work across all parts of our business, you’ll be an experienced professional with people management skills. Reporting to the Finance Director, you’ll have experience of budgeting, financial planning and forecasting and will assist with overseeing the development of financial systems to continually improve the processes within the department.
What We’re Looking For
• You’ll have experience of creating monthly and annual financial information that tracks performance, reports trends and supports decision making
• You’ll have experience of managing cashflows, internal audits, company tax and VAT returns as well as analysis of financial information
• You’ll have the ability to establish, develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
• You’ll have significant experience of managing teams and delivering performance improvement
• You’ll have strong IT skills including advanced skills in Excel
• You’ll be a qualified Accountant or qualified by experience
What We Can Offer
• Competitive Pension Scheme
• Generous Annual Leave Allowance
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Life Assurance
• Health & Wellbeing - you’ll be invited to join activities on the wellbeing calendar to improve your overall health and lifestyle
• Access to our training and development Learning Hub
Who We Are
We are a Chartered Body, recognised for its role in supporting social mobility and improving diversity within the legal profession and for our innovative approach to legal education and training. Operating in a changing and challenging market, The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) is the professional and representative association for Chartered Legal Executive lawyers, and other legal practitioners and paralegals. It regulates all its members in the public interest. CILEx provides education, training and the development of skills for its members, and those who wish to become more proficient and knowledgeable in the law. Our members are partners in law firms and advocates and may apply for judicial appointment.
How to Apply
For further information please contact Hannah West on 01234 844327 or to apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view Job description please click here job description
Closing date for CV's Sunday, 5th April 2020 (midnight)
Interviews, to be confirmed